Budapest Citadel is the real pride of Hungary and was included in the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. It is the highest point of the city, which is located on Gellert Hill. The citadel was built in 1854, after the Hungarian democratic revolution of 1848-1849. The revolution was unsuccessful, but it was decided to protect the government and to build a solid fortress.
Now the citadel is reconstructed, and in its three-storey bunker is a wax museum and an exhibition. This exhibition is dedicated to the events related both to the Second World War, during which it was a Nazi center of defense, and to the revolution itself, which gave rise to the creation of the citadel. Archival documents and photographs are waiting for visitors.
Near the walls of the citadel is a monument of Liberty 40 meters high, which we see in the upper left part of the screen. It is a female figure with a palm branch in its hand. The statue was created in 1947.