This webcam is located on the left shore of Moscow River, in the central Tagansky District, and captures beautiful Kotelnicheskaya Embankment. This street spans from the beginning of Yauza River to Goncharnaya Embankment.
The name of this embankment means “boiler-makers” in Russian language. It reminds us of the old times when there was a settlement here, inhabited mostly by boiler-makers.
The new stone embankment replaced the old settlement in the 1870’s and was reconstructed later in the first part of the 20th century. Today the most famous building on Kotelnicheskaya Embankment is Kotelnicheskaya Embankment Apartments. This impressive building is one of the Seven Sisters, a group of seven skyscrapers in Moscow designed in Stalinist style. This one was built in 1948-1952 and is 176 metres high.