Manhattan Square Park looks like a football pitch, with a lawn in the center and stands at the edges. Bryant Park is bounded on Fifth and Sixth Avenues, as well as 40th and 42nd Streets. The total area of the park is 3.6 hectares.
At the end of the 17th century, this place was declared a common area, and a couple of decades before the opening of the park, tramps and poor people were buried here. The park was founded in 1842, and was named after the American poet and journalist William Cullen Bryant in 1884. At the beginning of the 20th century, the New York Public Library was built on the east side, where this webcam is installed.
We are looking at a well-kept and beautiful place, but in the 20th century, Bryant Park was the place where drugs were sold.
The park changed in 2005. Now, we can find bookstores, cafes, and a skating rink there.